Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pre-Race/Transition Seminar

On Friday May 6th we had a seminar that discussed pre-race and transition checklists and went through the steps to take.

Here are the checklists.  Feel free to use this or modify it for your own use.  As I mentioned, over the years I have really cut back on things I bring with me to a race.  That doesn't mean you should limit yourself, I just found certain things unnecessary.  This is more than I bring to a race, but I've included some common items many people do use.  Also, I will call this list my "Olympic Distance or Shorter" list.  For distances further than that, my list will be different.

Here we go...

Swim
Wetsuit
Goggles x2
Cap (from race)
Body Glide
Non-Stick Spray
Race Belt with Number

Bike
Bike
Race Wheels
Helmet
Tri-Shoes
Sunglasses
Race Belt with Number
CO2
Spare Tube/tire
Socks

Run
Shoes
Hat
Race Belt with Number
Sunglasses
Socks

Nutrition
Gels
Powerbar
Gatorade
Water

Extra Stuff
Towels
Bike Pump
Flip Flops
Sunscreen
Post Race Clothes
First Aid Kit

Pre Race To Do's
Hydrate
Rack bike
Put stickers on bike/helmet
Bodymarking
Pump up tires
Put helmet/sunglasses on top of aero bars
Clip in shoes
Lay out run shoes, hat, and sunglasses
Warm-up
Put on wetsuit/cap

I am posting this, but will most likely edit in the coming days.  If I edit, I will indicate it here.  If you see anything that should be added, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment